Friday, March 6, 2009

cars hate me

i have borrowed my sister's extra car so i can try to be slightly more mobile in nashville... just my luck, as driving from cincy to nashville i experienced a problem with the idle screw causing the car to accelorate almost uncontrollably...

stopped in louisville to fix this. which turns out was really easy to do once the problem was explained to me. but there in creates the problem, if something is easy for me to fix it is conversely going to happen with great ease again. and it did just as i got to nashville...

then as i was leaving a job interview in murfreesboro, the car refused to maintain idle so i assumed that i had loosened the screw too much... nope i was just out of gas... oh yeah another quirk of this car is the gas needle jumps around at random (when i filled the tank up the needle read half full. shortly there after it went to the refill line and then to 3/4 full)... so i bought a gas can and put one gallon of gas in it, this cost $13!! man they had me over a barrel there (when i put the one gallon of gas in the car the needle red 1/2full)

well that seems to be the only problems i have with this car... oh yeah it cant go more than 65 mph on any hill and the radio cuts in and out with a loud buzzing no matter the volume level...
the price i pay to travel

1 comment:

Proudlee Henpeck said...

I think you do have bad luck with cars. Everytime Princess is low on gas I think about how she's never ACTUALLY run out before. Except for that day you drove her to Tupe. You are a curse!